Thursday, August 11, 2011

weather...

Oh my! It has been so hot this summer. That is an understatement. It has been ridiculous. We not only have had temps in the 100s we have had many days over 110! Wow!
Not only does it make you sweaty, it leaves you cranky. On edge. In a bad mood. When I'm hot I don't want to even hold Phoebe. I'm sticky. Ewww.
I got in my car last week after softball practice and the temp read 116 degrees. Crazy hot.
I got home and this is what I saw.
Lillie had on coat, hat, scarf, gloves and was doing snow angels on the hardwood floors.
I guess she is ready for summer to be over.
After many days of excessive heat, we are finally getting some relief. It has rained every day for about a week. It has still been hot, but better.
We sat outside and watched this storm come in until the lightning got too close.
Watching the storm from inside.
Playing in the rain.

And now today is glorious! A storm came in at around 5am and it has been raining ever since. No sign of stopping. Me, Phoebe, and Auntie watched the rain from the Red Cup porch this morning. Now Phoebe is asleep, Lillie is at school, and it is quiet in the house. I can hear the rain outside, the flash of lightning, the sound of thunder.
Ahhhh...
It is amazing how weather can change your mood. I want to soak it all up.
Come on fall...

No comments: